Air force academy is basically a leading training center of the Indian Army that emphasis training for important duties such as training as a pilot, ground duties, and various technical officers. The idea is to build a team with an abundance of spirit, unity, and nationality by making them strong and tough. If you wish to join the Indian Air force, apart from the free spirit of nationalism, the candidates are expected to attain a certain level of eligibility criteria which is not so easy. The Air Force training centre paves a way to inculcate the dynamic qualities such as courage, strength, unity, and nationalism. Not only has it focused on enhancing your physical strength, but it also offers mental wellness in the process to uplift your personality to a different level. Of course, anyone who fulfills the basic eligibility criteria could join Indian Air force.
Join Indian Air force Eligibility
To Join Indian Air Force, Eligibility criteria have been divided into three categories:-
- Age Limit
- Educational Qualification
- Medical Standards
According to the official notification released by the Join Indian Air force, here are some vital criteria, have a look:
- Only the candidates who are born in between January 17th, 2000 to 30th December 2003 are only eligible to apply for this
- The maximum age to apply for 21 years
If you wish to join Indian Air force, here are some of the education eligibility criteria for you, check out:
Group A: Except Education Instructor Trade
Here, you can check out the educational qualifications required to apply Indian Airforce Airmen:
- Only the candidates who have passed intermediate/12th/equivalent examination with subjects such as mathematics, physics, and English with aggregate 50% minimum marks in English.
- If the candidate has passed 3 years diploma course in Engineering in any stream or any Government stream acknowledged from the polytechnic institute with aggregate 50% marks. Also, the candidates are supposed to score 50% marks in English diploma or in matriculation or intermediate only if English is not a subject in Diploma Courses.
Group B: Except Medical Assistant Tool and Musician Trades
- Only the candidates who have passed their intermediate or 12th standard level exam by scoring minimum 50% marks and scored 50% minimum marks in English
- A candidate who has passed the vocational course of 2 years with 50% marks. Also, scoring minimum 50% marks in English is compulsory
Group B: Medical Assistant Trade
Candidates who have passed 10+2 or intermediate or equivalent exams in subjects like Biology, physics, chemistry, and English with a minimum of 50% average marks and aggregate 50% marks in English.
Some important Eligibility Criteria to Join Indian Air Force
- The candidates eligible for Group ‘A’ examination are also eligible for Group ‘B’.(Just on the basis of intermediate / 10+2).
- You can also appear group A and B in one sitting in the process of filling up the online registration form.
- The diploma holders are eligible to appear for only one group ‘A’ trades only
- In the Council of Boards for school education (COBSE) on the website of education board, the date of registration is mentioned
- The only exact aggregate percentage of marks just written before the decimal.
- It would be the same as mentioned on the 10+2/intermediate/equivalent examination or three years of diploma.
- It is always calculated according to the rules of the concerned polytechnic institute or concerned education board
- For example, 59.99% would be taken as 59% and not be rounded off to 60%.
Eligibility Criteria for Medical Standards
According to general medical standards, for both groups ‘A’ (except education instructor trade) and group ‘B’ (except Musicians, automobile technician, IAF(P), IAF(S) and GTI trades Are described below. Check out the criteria as per the medical standards:
- The height should be 152.5cms
- The chest must cover the minimum range of expansion such as 5cms
- Weight must be proportionate to height and age. The minimum weight should be 55kg which is required for only Operation Assistants Trade only (ATS)
- The candidate must be able to hear forced whisper from a distance of at least 6 meters with separately each ear
- Any kind of corneal surgery including PRK/LASIK is not acceptable
- The dental care is important too as the candidate must have healthy gums, a proper set of teeth and not less than 14 dental points
- The candidates must have normal anatomy and that too without any loss of appendages
- The candidate must be free from any active, latent, acute or even /chronic medical or any kind of surgical disability
- There must be no infection or any skin ailments
- The candidates must be mentally and physically fit to perform
- The candidate must be enthusiastic enough to perform duty in any circumstances without any connotations regarding the terrain and climate.
It is a dream for everyone to be a part of the Join Indian Air force, but before that, the candidates are expected to know, read, and understand the eligibility criteria in detail. The eligibility criteria of the candidate play one of the most important parts. Even for applying for recruitment, it is impeccably vital for the candidates to know the eligibility criteria properly. If a candidate properly fulfills the eligibility criteria, it helps them to dodge all the obstacles during the processing of the application. The Eligibility Criteria of Indian Airforce is well-defined by Central Airmen Selection Board. You can find this more about Indian Airforce Recruitment.
The current news is that the Indian Air Force Examination has been postponed this year. The sections of basic eligibility criteria include age, education, nationalism, medical standards, and qualification. If you are passionate to participate actively in the Air Force training center, you are expected to know more about it. So, here, in this blog, you can read more about the eligibility criteria in depth.