CAPF means The Central Armed Police Forces; it refers to the uniform nomenclature of security forces in India. It is basically under the authority of the Ministry of Home Affairs. They have some critical child agencies of CAPF Assistant Commandant – Border Security Force (BSF), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), Indo – Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) and National Security Guard (NSG), and Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB). All CAPFs are involved in assisting police in law and order situations and also in the army in counter-terrorist operations. Here in this blog, get to know everything about CAPF Assistant Commandant.
Selection is made with these three crucial processes
Gazette officers: UPSC does these under the Central Armed Police Forces ( Assistant Commandants)
Subordinate Officers: Here sub-inspectors are selected through a competitive examination it is taken under by the Staff Selection Commission, and they are called as DASOs ( Directly Appointed Subordinate Officers)
Constables: Here also selection procedure is the same as above, and it is taken under by the Staff Selection Commission.
CAPF Assistant Commandants Notification 2020
All the passionate aspirants who want to apply for the CAPF – Assistant Commandants will have to check the required details available on our website and the notification released by the official website:www.upsc.gov.in.
CAPF Assistant Commandant Syllabus
Written examination – The examination will be done in offline mode conducted by Union Public Service Commission, it will have two papers-
- Paper 1 – General Ability and Intelligence. ( General Mental Ability, General Science, Current Events of National and International importance, Indian Polity and Economy, History of India, Indian and World Geography )
Total marks – 250 Marks.
Duration: 2 hrs
- Paper 2 – General Studies, Essay, and Comprehension. In this paper, candidates would be provided with the option of writing the Essay Component in English or Hindi, but the medium of Precise Writing, Comprehension Components, and other communications/ language skills will be English only.
Part-A – There are Essay questions that have to be answered in the long narrative form either in Hindi or English and have total marks of 80.
Part-B – Comprehension, précis writing, other communications/language skills – to be attempted in English only (Marks 120) – The topics are Comprehension passages, précis writing, developing counter arguments, simple grammar, and other aspects of language testing.
Total marks – 200
After completing all these exams, you have next to clear your PET ( Physical Efficiency Test). The Physical Efficiency Test consists of the following processes:
- 100 Meter race (Male – 16 sec, Female – 18 sec)
- 800 Meter race ( Male – 3min 45 sec, Female – 4min 45 sec)
- Long jump. ( Male – 3.5 Meter, Female -3.0 Meter )
- Shot Put. ( Male – 4.5 Meters)
After clearing these levels, selected people are shortlisted for medical review.
- People cleared their medical standard tests will be called upon by the Union Public Service Commission to appear for the personality test.
Total marks – 150 Marks
Final merit list: The selected candidates have to wait for their written examination results and interview test
CAPF – Assistant Commandants Salary 2020 Updates:
The salary structure for CAPF (AC) according to the 7th Pay commission is shown below:
Rank Pay Scale (Basic Pay)
- Director-General Rs. 2,25,000
- Additional Director General Rs. 1,82,200 – Rs. 2,24,100
- Inspector General Rs. 1,44,000 – Rs. 2,18,000
- Deputy Inspector General Rs. 1,31,000 – Rs. 2,16,600
- Sr. Commandant Rs. 1,23,000 – Rs.2,15,900
- Commandant Rs. 78,800 – Rs. 2,09,200
- Deputy Commandant Rs. 67,700 – Rs. 2,08,700
- Assistant Commandant Rs. 56,100 – Rs. 1,77,500
Ways to Apply Online for UPSC CAPF
- At first, you must visit upsconline.nic.in
- There you must click on the online application forms
- After that, make sure you do click on part 1 registration
- There, you are supposed to enter all the details correctly
- After that click on CAPF Part II registration
- Make sure you do fill the required details such as uploading a scanned image, selection of exam centre and proceed with the payment of the fee.
- Then, at last, you must agree to the declaration
- Click on the submit button
Selection Process CAPF Assistant Commandant
The Selection Process of the candidates differs, for various other candidates of armed forces such as SSB, ITBP, DRPF and BSF. It has four consecutive phases of selection phases.
This deals with two papers such as Paper I and II. Candidates could only qualify this stage by obtaining cut off marks of UPSC CAPF in order to get shortlisted for the physical efficiency test and also the medical standards
Physical fitness and Medical Standards
Yes, factually the medical standards and physical fitness vary for males and females. Candidates are expected to qualify the stage before appearing for the interview round.
Interview and Personality Test
The Candidates, who do qualify the physical and medical standards, would also be called for an interview of 150 marks.
Final Merit Test
UPSC prepares the final merit list, on the basis of marks attained by the candidates in the personal interview and written exams.
These are some of the important factors and information associated with CAPF. Read this blog to dive deep into the topic in order to gain more information and knowledge. We hope, reading this blog was worth your time and effort. Our idea is to keep your updated.
FAQs For CAPF Assistant Commandant
The CAPF Assistant Commandant Syllabus is not an easy one. It demands from research, preparation and hard work. You are expected to go through the important chapters as well the subjects properly. There are examinations of important subjects like General Ability, intelligence, English and comprehension and Essay. Apart from that, you should give a clear and rudimentary understanding and knowledge of general knowledge in order to pass the examination of CAPF Assistant Commandant.
If you want to be a CAPF Assistant Commandant, you are supposed to develop a clear and basic understanding of the subjects. You must understand the importance of the subjects. You must go through the entire CAPF Assistant Commandant Syllabus in order to prepare yourself. You should read the books and understand the various chapters thoroughly. Hard work and planning might be helpful for you.
The salary of CAPF Assistant Commandant is divided as per the rank, pay scale and pay band. Although the CAPF Assistant Commandant is the A grade officer which is under the Ministry of Home-Affairs. The basic salary varies with the rank and pay band. If you are confused, you can check out about it on the various authentic websites.
In order to pass CAPF Assistant Commandant Paper 2, you are expected to participate in debates, speeches, report writing, precise writing and many more. You must also select the best books in order to prepare yourself for the post of CAPF Assistant Commandant.